2. What’s been your greatest experience as a musician?
I would say up to this point my greatest experience has been gigging live. I haven’t had a lot of experience in it, but the ones I have done I’ve loved and can not wait to get back at it all again (hopefully soon)!
3. Which artists inspire you?
I take inspiration from a very wide genre of artists that include Lana Del Ray, James Vincent McMorrow, Leon Bridges as well as all the usual greats. Local artist that inspire me are Big Fat Big, Picnic and Martha Hill
4. Do you think there has been a gender imbalance in the music scene? And if so, what can we do to reduce that imbalance?
Yes I think there is a definite imbalance as proven by line ups in recent festivals. Although I do think things are starting to improve, however, everyone needs to see female artists as equals including a lot of female fans; I was surprised at the backlash Annie Mac received from women who claimed they preferred to watch a male artist over a female artist. I am hopeful we are going through a period of change right now and people are recognising female talent, sadly we have a culture of building female artists up until they become too successful or too famous then we knock them down. This has to stop.
5. Are there any local creatives (musicians/artists/filmmakers) you urge us to check out?
Definitely check out Big Fat Big, Plastic Glass, Picnic, Don Coyote and Tom Mousesmith
6. How would you describe your music in 5 words?
Questions by Emily Duff